There are many activities that are helpful in improving SEO. If you are wondering which of them is the best to start with, this is the post for you. This list contains activities that have been proven to give quick results. Read on!
1 Recruit Traffic
If your website has a large number of users, it will be easier for your website to rank on certain keywords or improve its position on the search engine results page (SERP). The more traffic your website attracts through organic means, the better its ranking will be. That’s because Google believes that any website with quality content and few spammy articles will attract high-quality traffic.
To recruit traffic to your website, do the following:
– Create Content that is useful and answers questions that people might have regarding a certain topic or industry. Avoid creating content for the sake of creating content and to rank well in the search engines. Instead, create content that offers value and answers questions your target market might have.
– Market Your Content on Social Media Platforms: Twitter, Facebook, Linked In or Pinterest. Use popular hashtags in your posts so others will see them more easily on social media platforms. Recruit traffic by sharing interesting infographics or by giving information about an event on which you are an expert.
– Post on Newsletters: If you have a large following on social media platforms, you can also post your content on newsletters. The number of subscribers to these newsletters often exceeds the number of actual people who read them.
The increase in traffic will give your website an advantage over competing websites, which means that its ranking will improve.
2 Optimize Your Content for Mobile Devices
SEMrush proved that having a responsive website is one of the best things you can do to improve your ranking on the Google results page (SERP). You need to make sure that your website is compatible with all devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- You can test your website to see if it is mobile-friendly by using the Google Mobile-Friendly Test. The best thing about it is that it provides a preview of how your site will look like after it passes the test.
- Make sure that your website loads fast and does not create too many obstacles for users trying to access your content or blog posts on their mobile devices. This will force them to leave your site and find another one instead. If you want to check how fast your site loads, use Pingdom Tools.
3 Check How Your Content is Doing in Search Engines
Use Google Analytics to understand how people are interacting with your content and blog posts on a regular basis. Here are some simplified instructions on how to do it.
When you have set up Google Analytics, you can then improve your ranking by doing the following:
– Identify which content is performing well on search engines. You can do this by clicking on “Acquisition” in the Google Analytics dashboard and then selecting “Search Console.” This will take you to Google Search Console where you can see your keywords, their ranking, and how many times they were clicked.
– Create more content based on the keywords that ranked high after being clicked often by users online. To create even better content, make sure that it is highly relevant to the user queries driving traffic to your website.
Suggested Read: Top 7 Coding Apps To Learn To Program
4 Use Your Content to Become an Authority in Your Industry
Google wants users to find answers to their questions and problems on the first page of the search engine results page (SERP). This is why you need to acquire more authority in your industry so that others will look to you for answers.
If you want to become an authority in your industry, do the following:
– Blog often and create high-quality content based on what people might search for in your industry. Always make sure that it is highly relevant and interesting, but also deliver value.
– Get involved in online communities and social media platforms where people who share interests with you will be active. Participate in conversations and provide answers when required. The more you interact with others, the more authority you will gain.
You can also use social bookmarking sites to gain authority in your industry. Sites like Digg, Reddit, StumbleUpon, and Delicious are all excellent choices.
Suggested Read: Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Error 77
5 Use Social Media Platforms to Grow Your Business
Social media platforms are important for small businesses because they help grow their businesses while enhancing SEO at the same time. Here’s how you can do it:
– Share useful content that is related to your niche or business on social media platforms like Facebook, Pinterest, Linked In, and Twitter. If you want to share videos, use YouTube. It is one of the best social media platforms that provide better SEO results.
– Build real relationships with people interested in your industry by posting blog posts and interesting content. This way, you will be seen as an authority in your business niche because others will share it with their followers.
– Try to come up with interesting content ideas yourself instead of buying them from other websites or blog posts. Participate in online discussions on social media platforms to gain more influence and authority rather than simply using other people’s content to make money for you.